Sunday, January 11, 2009
How was your Christmas break?
I had a month to do nothing. Chris said why don’t you take a trip. My response, think im gonna watch movies. I set the goal of 50 over the break, when I reached it in 2 weeks I set a new one. 100 films in a month. I almost made it, 92 to be exact. Here’s the cream of the crop, so you don’t have to waste the time. I stand by these films as worthwhile. Check em out if you have netflix’s, or just run into one.
1. Cashback- future cult classic, mundane jobs, imaging girls naked. I can relate.
2. Network- Sidney Lument’s follow up to Dog Day Afternoon, All star cast & it won a shit ton of Oscars
3. The Outlaw Josey Wales- Eastwood’s 2nd best western, the yang to Unforgiven’s ying.
4. King of Kong- documentary about Donkey Kong. Shit is serious as fuck.
5. The Puffy Chair- credit to Chris on this one. You go thru a whole relationship with the girl in the film. (In a bad way)
6. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club) & Brad Pitt reunite with one of the best female actress around Cate Blanchet.
7. Man on Wire- on all the year end best list, about as good as documentaries get.
8. Rumble Fish- Francis Ford Coppola’s follow up to The Outsiders, way better & in black and white. A teenage art film.
9. Battle Royale- props to Lee, Japanese kids killing each other real good. Funny as hell.
10. Jacob’s Latter- I remember this one from back in the day. Gave it a 2nd shot. Holds up well.